Following the 1948 war, the State of Israel transferred a number of Arab families from an area adjacent to Gedera to the outskirts of Ramla, and established the village of Juarish.
Fifteen years later, the village was incorporated as a neighborhood in the city of Ramla. The two large clans in Juarish – Jarushi and Karagi – were constantly engaged in a power struggle related either to drug trafficking or an endless blood vendetta.
At the beginning of the century, after 30 victims had paid with their lives, the government evacuated the Karagi family from the neighborhood in exchange for compensation.
In 1994, the neighborhood of Bnei Dan was established adjacent to Juarish; the housing was intended for the large number of immigrants from the former Soviet Union who had settled in Ramla. Along with the construction of housing for the new neighborhood, a wall 3.5 meters high was built to separate Bnei Dan from Juarish. The project's promoters, who were concerned that the proximity to the disreputable Arab neighborhood would discourage potential homeowners, built the wall with permission from the municipality as part of the master plan for the neighborhood; this is the only place in Israel where a wall of separation has been built between two neighborhoods in the same city.
The wall has remained between the Jewish and Arab neighborhood for over a decade, in spite of the relative quiet that exist in Juarish.